Activities of the Lions Club Phuket Andaman Sea
Wheelchair Donation At Cape Yamu
Recently our club donated three wheelchairs at Cape Yamu to the villagers.
Two of the chairs were for two older ladies and one for a mentally and physically disable young girl who depends completely on the help of others.
As she needs as well pampers to enjoy her life our club decided to support the family with a monthly donation of pampers for the coming 12 month.
Seeing the smile on the faces of the beneficiaries was reward enough for us and we knew that we helped at the right spot.
Since 7 years now the Lions Club of Phuket Andaman Sea is doing this great activity. Its almost a tradition already.
This year we bought food worth THB 12,500.- for the elderly home and made a little Christmas gift of THB 100.- in cash to 70 old fellows as well as a THB 1,000.- cash donation for the operation.
Below you find some impressions of this activity.
Dear followers of the Lion Club Of Phuket Andaman Sea,
Below you find the list of our previous activities since July 2013.
- Yearly Encyclopedia donation: THB 16,000.-
- Yearly Poster Contest donation: THB 4,000.-
- Go-Cart Fundraising activity of LC Patong Beach: THB 3,000.-
- Participation in the Child Care Center Project of our sister club in Nagao/Japan: YEN 30,000.- incl. a USD 1,000.- donation for their various activities.
- Donation for the LC Urawa Nishi/Japan of USD 1,000.- for their various activities and projects.
- Donation of THB 50,000.- to the Lions District 301-D2 at the Philippines for first relief efforts after the Typhoon Haiyan.
- Donation to the Phuket Sunshine Village Foundation in December of THB 33,333.- for christmas gifts for the children of the PSV.
A big thank you to my fellow Lions and our supporters who made al this great help possible.
Donation Handover For The PSV
Yesterday the Phuket Sunshine Village was celebrating its 6th Anniversary. Our Lions Club and its friends (Sister Clubs, Supporters and Individuals) were able to raise a respectable amount of money over the past 12 month.
In attendance of the Phuket Gouvernour, members of the BOD of the Phuket Sunshine Village Foundation and other supporters President Lion Peter Wesche handed over the amount of THB 300,000.- to the foundation.